Sorry for being such a bitter balogney the past days.
Sorry for not writing soon and for not writing enough.
Life has been busy lately. Work has consumed my entire existence that I feel like a walking paperwork with a big stamp that says “Going to the Shredder ASAP”.
I know thats not right. Thats ugly. But what do you want me to do? Quit my job? Get out of the city and start living my dream of becoming a hermit?
That doesnt sound right, but its enticing. I have to contemplate.
Meanwhile, let me share you my Happy Small Things. (Forgive me for not thinking of a “cooler” title. Im not cool. Im awkward. So dont you expect anything cool from me. Plus its easier to remember, its laconic ( BIG WORD!) and it sounded awkward. Yay! Couldnt think of anything better.
These are random small things that I ate, went to, saw, feel, consumed, created, live into, kill, devour, catch, tasted etc.etc.etc.etc. the past week.
1. Mcdonalds Iced Coffee Vanilla – my comfort
drink food. I couldnt possibly get thru my usual 8 hours shift without these lately. Plus, its always being brought to me by my thoughtful boyfriend. So its free. Thats just about perfect.
2. Ironman 3 -Its starting to get ridiculously annoying when people keep raving about the movie but i.dont.care. Tony Stark doesnt care either.
3. Donuts and Pizza – the batch of newly hired analyst that we are handling actually won this out of a “talent competition”from a company event. They are pretty awesome. Pretty awesome in the sense that they actually did an acapella of an old Dona Cruz song. Dona Cruz. And they won, ladies and gents.
4. Human Nature Natural Shampoo – Lets not talk about my hair because that is a sensitive matter. But I think I might have found the best natural shampoo for less than 200 pesos.
5. Stargirl for Android – everyday, after dealing with alot of “adult, office problems”, I just want to lay down and be dumb. This entertains me in so many ways, its addicting. I just needed to click on posters, shop for cute little dresses and look fabulous without having the need to think. This is me relaaaaaxing.
6. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy – I have this obsession for Asian authors lately. Their lineage is so authentic that it reflects on anything they write. A true masterpiece. Its not gonna be a Booker Prize winner for nothing. And no, its not like 50 shades of Grey, Im sorry.
7. Cute flats made in Laguna Philippines – if theres anything Im passionate about, one is probably my desire to help local businesses. No, I dont have a foundation or a non profit organization. What I have is a heart for people like Lola Maring, who sells this shoes they made on the street. They handmade these shoes and sell it to the street because they cant open a shop of their own. Its 150 pesos each and its cute and comfy. Way way cheaper than your Gucci’s or Nine West. But these help Lola Maring feed her family. Support our own. Make your small ways count.
Well then, that’s my Happy Small Things. I hope I’ll have more to share this week. I encourage you to make a list of your own, and share it to me too. Its about time we try to appreciate the small things. Because sometimes, its the small things that takes up a big chunk of our hearts.
Happy Monday ★